Highlights of Vietnam
- Round trip
- 18 nights
- per person
- based on 2 persons
With this offer, you can get a partial refund if you cancel up to 29 days before your check-in date.
If your check-in date is less than 29 days away, you will not be eligible for a refund, however this might improve depending on your selection. Please check before booking.
Discover the highlights of Vietnam during an unforgettable round trip incl. guided tours, transfers, breakfast and return flight
Beautiful architecture, lush nature, delicious cuisine, exotic beaches and a tropical climate: this is Vietnam. Discover the highlights of this fascinating country on a tour that will take you to Hanoi, Sapa, Ha Long, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh. In just over two weeks you will discover ancient temples and pagodas, meet local families, cruise through the UNESCO World Heritage site Ha Long Bay, explore the history of the Vietnam War in Ho Chi Minh and so much more! It's time to immerse yourself in an enchanting world that you will never forget.
Round trip in Vietnam: 16 nights
Dinner on day 5 (exclusive of drinks)
Brunch/lunch on day 6 (exclusive of drinks)
Half-day trek to Cat Cat Village
Halong Bay Cruise and evening cooking class
Full day city tour Hanoi
English speaking guide during the included excursions
Night train from Hanoi to Hoi An
Domestic flight from Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City
Flight from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City to Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle
Please note that there may be an additional night(s) in transit due to flights or transfer schedules.
Day 1: Welcome to Vietnam
Welcome to Vietnam! You will be met at the airport by your driver who will take you to your hotel where you will be free to spend the rest of the day exploring Hanoi as you wish. Your first taste of Vietnam, Hanoi is a bustling capital city full of adventure and wonder. Stroll around the busy st…
Day 2-3: Sapa
On day two of your Vietnamese adventure, you will be picked up at the hotel around 06:45 and taken to the bus stop. From here, you will travel for approximately 5.5 hours by bus to Sapa in north-west Vietnam. Along the way, you will get the chance to take in the scenery and admire the beauty of …
Day 4: Cat Cat Village, Sin Chai and Hanoi
Day four starts at 09:00 with a hike to Cat Cat Village, a small but lively village at the foot of Mount Fansipan - the tallest peak in the Indochinese Peninsula. Here you can admire the Cat Cat waterfall and meet a local H’mong family to observe the art of traditional weaving. You will then fol…
Day 5: Ha Long Bay cruise
On day five, you will be picked up at 0730 and driven to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ha Long Bay (approximately 3.5 hours drive). Upon arrival at the port, you will board an authentic junk - your home for the next 24 hours. A junk is a traditional Chinese sailing ship, and you will be welc…
Day 6-7: Ha Long and Hanoi
The best day start day six is with an early start to watch the sun rise over the ocean, followed by a traditional Tai Chi lesson on the main deck. After breakfast, the journey continues to cruise by Ha Long Bay's seemingly infinite islands, offering countless photo opportunities. Following a…
Day 8: Hanoi
Day eight begins at 08:30 with a visit to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace and the residence of Ho Chi Minh. The next stop is the nearby Temple of Literature, an excellent example of traditional Vietnamese architecture. This was the first university of Vietnam and was built in …
Day 9-13: Hoi An
After a good night's rest on the night train, you will arrive in Danang where you will be picked up and taken to the hotel in Hoi An approximately 40 km away. The rest of the day is yours to relax and explore as you wish. Hoi An is a fascinating city and a former trading port with roots dati…
Day 14-16: Ho Chi Minh City
On day 14 you have the opportunity to do some final exploration of Hoi An before being picked up at the hotel and taken to the airport where you take a short plane journey to Ho Chi Minh City. Once you have landed, you will be taken to the hotel where you will spend the night.
Ho Chi Min…
The following optional excursions can be booked in the final booking process.
• Excursion Bai Dinh and Trang An (day 7): After breakfast, you leave for the Bai Dinh pagoda, the largest pagoda in Vietnam. The complex includes 500 La Han statues and an imposing 10-metre-high bronze Buddha statue. Weighing 100 tons, it is the largest Buddha statue in the country. At midday, you will spend an hour in a local restaurant for lunch, after which you will continue to Trang An. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trang An has a spectacular landscape that consists of limestone peaks and valleys, some of which are submerged in water and surrounded by steep cliffs. Here you will also find Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th and 11th centuries, with many impressive temples and pagodas. During this trip, you will take a boat trip past the cave complex and sail through breathtaking scenery.
Includes entrance fee and boat trip in Trang An, transfer, English speaking guide and lunch. This excursion may take place in a group.
Please note: you must cover your legs and shoulders when you visit temples and the pagoda.
• Guided tour of Hoi An and boat trip to Cam Kim Island (day 10): The tour starts at 09:00 in Hoi An, a historic port town that used to be a bustling trade centre and an important port for Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese and Japanese traders. You will visit a temple with gilded statues, a pagoda dedicated to the city's fisherman, and a 16th-century chapel with Chinese and Japanese influences. Next stop is the Sa Huynh Museum, near the covered Japanese bridge, where there are mainly exhibitions about the early history of Hoi An. Later in the afternoon, you take a trip on the Thu Bon river towards Cam Kim Island, where you can see the famous wood carvers and shipbuilders at work. After this, you return to the hotel, and you can spend the rest of the day on the beach.
Includes English speaking guide, entrance fee, boat trip price and lunch.
• Excursion My Son (day 11): At 08:00 you will be picked up at the hotel, and you will drive to My Son, a UNESCO World Heritage Site which is approximately 50 km from Hoi An. Located in a lush valley, My Son used to be the capital and religious centre of the Cham population. This archaeological site is considered one of the most important in Southeast Asia and includes towers and shrines dating from a period ranging from the 4th to the 13th centuries. You return to Hoi An around noon.
Duration: approx. 4 hours Includes: English speaking guide and admission fee. This excursion may take place in a group.
• Excursion Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi tunnels (day 15): At 07:30 you start the drive to Tay Ninh where you will find the famous Cao Dai Temple. This temple near the Cambodian border is the home of the Cao Dai sect who, among others, consider Jeanne d'Arc, Victor Hugo and Winston Churchill as their patron saints. The religion is a mix of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity. Inside the temple, you can see countless colourful dragons in various sizes as well as statues of Jesus, Buddha and the Hindu god Brahma side by side. Buddhist symbols decorate the outside, with the all-seeing eye above the main entrance watching everything. After this, you continue the road towards the Cu Chi Tunnels. At its peak, this complex consisted of 250 km of tunnels from Saigon to the Cambodian border and stretched over three levels. The network includes many trap doors, living areas, storage areas, arms factories, hospitals and kitchens. The remaining tunnels offer a unique insight into underground life during the Vietnam War.
Duration: approx. 9-10 hours Includes English speaking guide, transfer, entrance fee and lunch. This excursion may take place in a group.
- Tips for guides and/or driver: recommended £1.80 per day.
If you book this deal before 35 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Ltd. for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be additional entry requirements in effect at your destination, which are subject to change at short notice. Please familiarise yourself with the latest requirements before departure via your government's foreign advice service.
Maximum 3 persons per room.
The single supplement is based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process.
Based on two full-paying adults per room, travellers will receive a discount on hotel stays for children 11 years and younger. This is dependent on the chosen travel period and duration of stay. Please note children up to 12 months old receive a discount on the plane ticket, but will not receive a seat or baggage.
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip.
This trip is not wheelchair accessible.
Please note that flights may be subject to change, delay or postponement by the provider and that flight times are provisional. Don't forget to check the actual flight times before departure on the website of the airline or the airport to avoid inconvenient surprises.
You will receive all documents relevant to your trip, 5 days prior to departure at the latest.
All travellers should be up to date with primary courses and boosters. Vaccinations usually recommended for travel to Vietnam include Diphtheria and Tetanus. Consult your doctor or the NHS travel advice website for more information.
Your passport must be valid for six months upon arrival in Vietnam. Make sure your passport is in good condition prior to arrival in Vietnam. For up-to-date information, visit the official gov.uk website.
British Citizens need an e-visa for visits to Vietnam between 15 - 30 days. For more information, visit the official gov.uk website or the Vietnamese Embassy in London.
The national currency of Vietnam is Vietnamese dong (VND).
In Vietnam you will need a world travel adapter.
In case the above mentioned hotels are unavailable, you'll stay in comparable hotels in the nearby surroundings. You'll receive the final accommodations with your travel documents, 5 days before departure at the latest.