Experience the treasures of Southern Sri Lanka in depth
- Round trip
- 14, 15 or 16 nights
- Sri Lanka
- total price from £ 3,418.00 ]
- price based on: 2 adults
Take an unforgettable trip through Sri Lanka full of nature, culture and beautiful beaches. Incl. half board, excursions and transfers
Green tea plantations and golden beaches as far as the eye can see. Bustling streets full of fragrant herbs, lively market stalls and tuk-tuks that contrast beautifully with endless breathtaking nature and mysterious ancient history: all of this and more is waiting for you in Sri Lanka. Learn more about the magic of Sri Lanka on carefully curated excursions, and discover this exotic paradise for yourself!
Round trip in Sri Lanka: 14 nights
Half board excl. drinks
Boat trip in Negombo lagoon and Negombo city tour
Village tour incl. catamaran boat trip and cooking demonstration
Bicycle tour incl. lunch and visit to the ruins of Polonnaruwa
Dambulla Temple and visit to ayurveda village
Temple of the Tooth, walk in the Udawattakele forest, Kandy city tour and cultural dance show
Visit to tea plantation and factory in Nuwara Eliya
Rail trip from Nanu Oya to Ella (subject to availability)
Jeep safari in the Udawalawe National Park
Visit to Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home
Excursion to the fortified town of Galle
English speaking guide on days 2-10
All transfers during the trip
Return flight from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester, London Stansted to Colombo
Day 1: Welcome to Sri Lanka!
Today you touch down in Sri Lanka. After being picked up at the airport, you will be taken to your hotel in Negombo, a former Dutch colony and small town on the West coast of Sri Lanka. After a long trip, recuperate in the cosy cafes and restaurants of Negombo and take a peaceful stroll past the co…
Day 2-4: Dambulla
After a refreshing night's sleep, your Sri Lankan adventure can really begin! After a morning boat ride in the Negombo Lagoon, you will head out on a fascinating city tour. Here, you can also visit a local fish market right on the beach and get acquainted with the culture of Sri Lanka. Please note …
Day 5-6: Kandy
On day 5 you will depart to Kandy - making a stop at the Golden Temple of Dambulla, an important pilgrimage site over the past 22 centuries and one of Sri Lanka's most impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Within the temple's remarkable network of five caves, you will find a hoard of beautiful 1s…
Day 7: Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast on day 7, you will be picked up and make your way to a traditional tea plantation in Nuwara Eliya. Here you can learn everything about the production of Sri Lankan tea (Ceylon is the best known from Sri Lanka!) while picking a few leaves yourself. After a short one-hour tour, you wi…
Day 8: Udawalwe
Today you take the train from Nanu Oya to Ella - one of the world's most beautiful train journies. During the two-hour ride, you'll be awarded spectacular views: green tea plantations, luscious nature and plenty of spectacular waterfalls. Keep in mind that this trip is subject to availability!
Day 9: Yala
Day 9 on your Sri Lankan adventure is for awe-inspiring experiences with the natural world. You'll start the day with a visit to the Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home, an elephant orphanage that rehabilitates young elephants to release them back into the wild. You will learn more about the elephants …
Day 10-14: Southwestern Coast
Today you start the last leg of your journey, and where better to be headed than the best beaches in Sri Lanka? After being picked up at your hotel, you will drive 240 km along the paradisiacal western coast of the country. On the way, you will stop at Galle, a fascinating city founded by Portugues…
Optional excursions are available to make your trip even more spectacular. All excursions can be booked and paid for during the booking process. Some optional excursion require an additional entrance fee on the day. You will receive all practical information before departure.
• Jeep safari in either Minneriya National Park Kaudulla National Park, or Eco Park (day 2) • These national parks are the best places in the country to see wild elephants, which are often present in huge numbers! The excursion lasts 4 hours and includes transportation, entrance fee and guide.
• Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kandy (Day 5) • Take the opportunity to see Sri Lanka's largest garden, where you can find 4,000 different species of plants, including a renowned collection of orchids.
• Jeep safari in Yala National Park (day 9) • Yala National Park is the second largest national park in Sri Lanka. Make sure you have binoculars and a camera at hand: from elephants and crocodiles to wild boars, snakes and even leopards, this park is home to them all. There are many salt and freshwater lakes in the park, ideal for swimming and paddling in nature's finest! The excursion lasts 4 hours and includes transportation, entrance fee and guide.
• Excursion to Bentota (days 10 - 14) • Discover the coastal town of Bentota, known for its beautiful beaches and its alcoholic beverage made from coconut. You leave at 08:30, and during the tour, you get a glimpse into the daily life of the locals as well as visit the Buddhist temples and the surrounding tea, cinnamon and rubber plantations. This excursion lasts 4-5 hours and includes transportation, guide and breakfast.
• Walking tour in the Sinharaja rainforest (10 -14) • Feel at one with nature in the rainforest of Sinharaja, the last of Sri Lanka's rainforests and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Walk through the dense greenery and among the tall trees while you learn more about the inhabitants of the rainforest and the rich nature. The excursion lasts 10-12 hours and includes transportation and guide.
• Colombo city tour (days 11 - 14) • Discover Sri Lanka's commercial capital and largest city - Colombo. Home to 5.6 million people, you'll get to see top-billed sites that include Gangaramaya Temple and Colombo Museum.
- Tips for guide/driver (Approximately £3 is recommended per person, per day)
- Exclusive costs payable locally:
- Dambulla temple entrance
- Temple of the Tooth entrance
- Drinks with inclusive meals
- Tourist tax the Kandy Esala Perahera festival (only for departures from 1 - 31 August, approx. £35 per person)
If you book this deal before 35 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Limited for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
|Passport, visa and health requirements||
The passport, visa and health requirements (including those related to COVID-19) at the time of booking can be viewed on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all members of your party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents, and in compliance with any other immigration/entry requirements, before you travel.
Maximum 3 adults and one infant up to 4 years per room.
The single supplement is based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process.
Based on two full-paying adults per room, travellers will receive a discount on hotel stays for infants 4 years and younger. Children up to 11 years old receive a discount on the hotel price. This is dependent on the chosen travel period and duration.
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip.
You will receive your travel documents 5 days before departure. Vouchers, documents and further travel information will be given to you upon arrival.
All travellers should be up to date with primary courses and boosters. Vaccinations usually recommended for travel to Sri Lanka include Tetanus. Consult your doctor or the NHS travel advice website for more information.
Your passport must be valid for six months upon arrival in Sri Lanka. For up-to-date information, visit the official gov.uk website.
British Citizens need a visa for travel in Sri Lanka. Apply for a short stay visa online, or apply for a tourist visa upon arrival. Please note, visa application upon arrival could be a lengthy process. For more information, visit the official gov.uk website.
During this trip, transport and excursions could be in groups of international travellers.
The specified itinerary is subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Please note that the quality standards of hotels, facilities, transportation and roads may differ from Europe.
The national currency of Sri Lanka is the Sri Lankan rupee (LKR).
You will need a world travel adapter to use your electronic items in Sri Lanka.
In some circumstances, the hotel specified in the itinerary may not be available. In this case, you will be transferred to a comparable hotel in the vicinity. You will receive details of your definitive accommodation five days before departure.
In the event of train cancellation, the train journey will be replaced with a transfer.