The best of beach and city in Thailand
- Round trip
- 13 or 14 nights
- per person
- based on 2 persons
With this offer, you can get a partial refund if you cancel up to 29 days before your check-in date.
If your check-in date is less than 29 days away, you will not be eligible for a refund, however this might improve depending on your selection. Please check before booking.
Travel from the big city of Bangkok to paradisiacal Krabi and back again. Incl. hotel with breakfast, three excursions, transfers and flights.
Thailand will enchant you with exciting experiences and marked contrasts. On this journey, you start and end in the concrete jungle that is Bangkok, full to bursting with bustling markets, beautiful temples and unique culinary experiences. From Bangkok, travel to white beaches and limestone rocks in Ao Nang and Railay in Krabi where relaxation, adventure and breathtaking nature is the order of the day. Prepare for a wonderful mix of city and beach in the always beautiful Thailand!
12 nights in Thailand:
5 nights stay in Bangkok
4 nights in Ao Nang, Krabi
3 nights in Railay, Krabi
Bed and Breakfast
Tour of Bangkok with tasting menu (day 3)
Day trip to Kanchanaburi and the River Kwai (day 4)
English speaking guide (day 3, 4)
Island tour with a long-tailed boat (day 6)
Return airport transfer
Return flight from Birmingham, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester to Bangkok
Day 1-4: Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok! The buzzing capital of Thailand is home to more than 9 million people, thousands of temples, awesome street food and the best nightlife in Southeast Asia. Upon arrival you will be picked up at the airport and taken to your hotel - the rest of your day is free to relax and rec…
Day 5-8: Ao Nang, Krabi
On day 5, you will depart the hectic city and head out for a taste of island life. You will be picked up at the hotel and taken to the airport, from where you will take a short domestic flight to the southern province of Krabi. Krabi is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand - and with…
Day 9-11: Railay, Krabi
After breakfast on day 9, you will be picked up at the hotel and driven to the pier in Ao Nang to take a long-tail boat to Railay (also spelt Rai Leh!). Railay Beach is beautifully surrounded by high limestone cliffs and is a haven for adventure-hungry travellers, with climbing, kayaking and sno…
Day 12: Back to Bangkok
After a few relaxing days with sun, sea and sand, today you will head back to the big city. Depending on your flight time you will be picked up at the hotel, taken by boat to Krabi, driven to the airport and flown back to Bangkok. Take a last look at the beautiful temples of Bangkok and make sur…
Optional excursions are available to make your trip even more spectacular. All excursions can be booked and paid for during the booking process. You will receive all practical information before departure.
• The floating market Damnoen Saduak (day 2) • Discover the famous floating markets where traders sell exotic fruit and food from their canoes. You also visit an original 'railroad market' and gain insight into Thai everyday life.
• The Grand Palace & Wat Pho Temple (day 2) • Visit the lovely Grand Palace and the Wat Pho Temple, where you will find one of the world's largest reclining Buddha. Admire impressive architecture and the best examples of Thai art.
• Ayutthaya with river cruise (day 2) • Explore the ruins of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Ayutthaya and discover the ancient cities history, temples Buddha statues. Enjoy lunch on a boat on the majestic Chao Phraya River.
• Koh Hong with speed boat (day 7) • North of Krabi lies the small island group Koh Hong, where you will be taken by speed boat. Along the way you pass secret coves, deep caves, tropical beaches and lots of opportunities for sunbathing. A beach breakfast is included!
• Emerald Pool and hot springs in the jungle (day 7) • Discover the natural forests of the rainforest, hot pools and the emerald green lake - one of the greatest opportunities to swim in crisp, freshwater in Thailand. Breakfast at a local restaurant is included.
• Sea kayak trip to Ao Thalane (day 8) • Paddle past beautiful mangroves in a kayak in Ao Thalane Bay, and discover an abundance of wildlife. The trip includes equipment and lunch.
- Tourist tax when entering Koh Tup and Koh Mor (Approximately £10 per person, payable on day 6 excursion)
- Eco Tax in Koh Lanta (Approximately £10 per person, payable locally)
- Tips for guide/driver (Approximately £2 is recommended per day)
If you book this deal before 35 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Ltd. for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be additional entry requirements in effect at your destination, which are subject to change at short notice. Please familiarise yourself with the latest requirements before departure via your government's foreign advice service.
Maximum 3 adults and 1 infant up to age of 2.
The single supplement is based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process.
A discount for children is offered dependent on the chosen travel dates and length of stay. You will see the applicable discount in the final booking process. Please note: children up to 12 months old receive a discount on the plane ticket, but will not receive a seat or baggage allowance.
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip.
Please note that flights may be subject to change, delay or postponement by the provider and that flight times are provisional. Don't forget to check the actual flight times before departure on the website of the airline or the airport to avoid inconvenient surprises.
You will receive all documents relevant to your trip, 5 days prior to departure at the latest.
Your passport must be valid for six months upon arrival in Thailand. For up-to-date information, visit the official gov.uk website.
British Citizens do not need a visa to travel to Thailand.
All travellers should be up to date with primary courses and boosters. No vaccinations are required, though some should be considered: Diphtheria; Hepatitis B; Rabies; Tetanus; Typhoid. Consult your doctor or the NHS travel advice website for more information.
The national currency of Thailand is Thai baht (THB).
During this trip, transport and excursions could be in groups of international travellers.
The specified itinerary is subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Please note that the quality standards of hotels, facilities, transportation and roads may differ from Europe.
At the airport in Bangkok your driver will wait for you with a sign with your name. Transport between the airport and the hotel can be a group trip with other travellers. You will receive more information together with your travel documents
During your trip you will have a domestic flight from Bangkok (from Don Mueang International Airport or Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Krabi Airport. Please note that a maximum of 20 kg of checked baggage and 7 kg of hand luggage can be carried on this flight. Failure to comply with weight rules can incur additional costs.
Domestic return flight between Bangkok and Krabi