Rome, Umbria & Tuscany self-drive escape
- Sun holiday
- 7, 9, 12 or 14 nights
- per person
- based on 2 persons
La dolce vita: historic Rome city break and a beautiful Umbria and Tuscany self-drive tour - with breakfast, flights, car hire and more
They say 'good things come in threes' and with this Italian getaway, we tend to agree. Starting off in ancient Rome, you'll then take to the road in your included hire car to head to the rolling Italian countryside to take in two highlights; the winelands of Orvieto in Umbria and the Medieval hilltop town of beautiful Gavorrano in Tuscany.
It may not have been built in a day but Italy’s glamorous capital, Rome, sure takes some beating when it comes to beautiful, ancient architecture, achingly cool boutiques and urbane café culture. Staying in the heart of it all, you’ll have the chance to follow in Leonardo da Vinci’s footsteps and experience Rome in all its glory, from the mighty Colosseum to the Sistine Chapel, just a stone's throw away.
Next up, it's postcard-perfect scenery in Umbria's world-famous wine regions, where you can expect spectacular views over rolling hills, vineyards and fragrant olive groves in Orvieto, a gem well worth exploring. Visit the 14th-century cathedral, local trattorias and Il Pozzo di San Patrizio well, before having a nice long wander along the Paglia river.
You'll round off this Italian Job with a stay in Gavorrano, an idyllic Medieval town, set on a hilltop in the South of Tuscany. As well as being a short drive from the coast here, you'll be within easy reach of beautiful Sienna, home to the world-famous Palio.
- Two, three or four nights in a Deluxe room at Hotel Dei Mellini, Rome
- Two, three, four or five nights in a Junior suite or a Prestige suite at Altarocca Wine Resort, Orvieto
- Three or five nights in a Deluxe room at Il Pelagone Hotel & Gold Resort, Gavorrano
- Breakfast is included throughout
- Bottle of prosecco in your room at Hotel dei Mellini, Rome
- Room service for breakfast, once per stay at Hotel dei Mellini, Rome
- Bike rental at Hotel dei Mellini, Rome (subject to availability)
- Daily spa access at Altarocca Wine Resort, Orvieto
- 20-minute relaxing massage per person, once per stay at Altarocca Wine Resort, Orvieto
- 20% discount on massages at Altarocca Wine Resort, Orvieto
- Welcome drink at Il Pelagone Hotel & Gold Resort, Gavorrano
- 20% discount on treatments or massages at Il Pelagone Hotel & Gold Resort, Gavorrano
- Use of hotel facilities including private beach at Il Pelagone Hotel & Gold Resort, Gavorrano
- New Years Eve four-course dinner per person at Il Pelagone Hotel & Gold Resort, Gavorrano
- New Years Day brunch per person at Il Pelagone Hotel & Gold Resort, Gavorrano
- Car hire is included for the duration of your stay
- Flight from Aberdeen, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton to Rome and from Pisa to Aberdeen, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton
Day 1 & 2: Rome
The Colosseum, St. Peter’s Square, the Pantheon; a short list of the Italian capital’s main attractions also reads like a roll call of some of the world’s most iconic landmarks. One of Europe’s most popular city trip destinations, travellers to Rome – as well as familiarising themselves with t...
Day 3 & 4: Orvieto, Umbria
Known as the green heart of Italy for the picture perfect lush green surroundings that envelop its many pretty medieval towns and villages, Umbria is a gorgeous region where wild rolling hills and vineyards intertwine with Italian cultural treasures and ancient gems. You will be staying in the...
Day 5 - 7: Gavorrano, Tuscany
The very thought of Tuscany conjures up tantalising images: green fields, sprawling olive groves, lemon trees, and fragrant cuisine. Gavorrano makes for an ideal location, with the beautiful Italian coast to one side, and the charming city of Siena to the other. When you're not making the ...
- Tourist tax
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Ltd. for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
Max 2 adults and 1 child up to age of 12 per room
Please note that flights may be subject to change, delay or postponement by the provider and that flight times are provisional. Don't forget to check the actual flight times before departure on the website of the airline or the airport to avoid inconvenient surprises.