City, culture, beach: Singapore & Bali
- Round trip
- 12 nights
- per person
- based on 2 persons
Discover Singapore and Bali during a 12-night roundtrip, including hotels, breakfast, cultural excursions, a massage, all transport and return flights
Get set for a roundtrip that combines the best of a bustling city with fascinating cultural heritage and carefree, relaxing beach days. You start your journey in ultra-modern Singapore, a place where traditional Asia meets modernity. Next stop is Bali, the “Island of the Gods”, home to stunning beaches, lush green rice fields, ancient temples and a unique and colourful island culture. Discover more of Bali through the cultural day excursions we have in store, taking you to some of the most impressive sights on the island. Feast on a delicious breakfast each day at the various hotels, and how about a bit of extra pampering? A real Balinese massage awaits! Do you want a taste of paradise too?
A roundtrip through Singapore and Bali:
2 nights in Singapore
8 nights on Bali
Balinese massage (1-hour per person on day 3)
Private day excursion to Tirta Empul, Gunung Kawi, Kintamani and Tukad Cepung (day 4)
Dinner with a local family in Ubud accompanied by an English-speaking guide (day 5)
Private day excursion to Pura Lempuyang Luhur Temple, Taman Tirtagangga, Taman Ujung and Virgin Beach (day 6)
Private day excursion to Tenganan Village, Uluwatu Temple and Tanah Lot (day 8)
Transfers between airports and hotels
All other transport during your stay
Flight between Singapore and Denpasar, Bali
Flight from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester to Singapore and from Denpasar, Bali to Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester
Please note that there may be an additional night(s) in transit due to flight schedules
Day 1-2: Singapore
Welcome to your first destination: ultra-modern Singapore, a place that you can only be impressed by! As soon as you land, you will be picked up and taken to your hotel, where you will have the rest of day 1 and the whole of day 2 to yourself. A must-see during your stay in Singapore are the 50-met…
Day 3-5: Bali-Ubud
Today the second part of your trip begins because you’re flying to Bali! On day 3 you will be picked up at your hotel and taken to the airport. From there, you will fly to Denpasar. The flight takes about 3 hours. Upon arrival in Denpasar, you will be picked up at the airport and taken to your firs…
Day 6-7: Candidasa
On day 6, get ready for even more new experiences and a change of scenery! On the way to your next destination, the beach town of Candidasa, you will stop off at the Pura Lempuyang Luhur temple complex with its famous “gateway to heaven”. This is one of the most sacred places on Bali, and on a clea…
Day 8-10: Seminyak Canggu
After a few adventure-packed days, on day 8 you will make your way to Seminyak with a few more sights thrown in for good measure along the way. First stop is picturesque Kastala in the village of Tenganan, where you can observe a lifestyle, rituals and architecture that you won’t find anywhere else…
Optional excursions are available to make your trip even more spectacular. All excursions can be booked and paid for during the booking process. You will receive all practical information before departure.
• Walk along the rice paddies of Ubud (day 5) • Take a leisurely stroll in the Ubud area, over winding paths past charming rice fields and small villages. You will be accompanied by a guide who will tell you all about rural life on Bali and the age-old way in which rice is grown. The tour starts at 09:00 and lasts approximately 3 hours.
• Whitewater rafting on the Ayung River (day 5) • Experience a rush of adrenaline while rafting on the Ayung River, the longest river on Bali. Together with a team of professional rafters, you will meander your way through jungle and rice fields. The excursion starts at 08:30 and takes about 4 hours. All safety equipment is included and you will have a safety briefing before the adventure begins.
• Cooking class in Ubud (day 5) • Together with the chef you will visit the local market in the morning, where you will get an insider’s perspective on the culture and lifestyle of Bali through its food. You will also learn more about the local ingredients. Then, with the help of the chef, you will prepare a meal that you can enjoy afterwards. The excursion starts at 08:30 or 13:00 and lasts about 4 hours.
• Foodie walking tour in Ubud (day 5) • Experience the taste Bali with a food tour in Ubud. Not only will your taste buds be tantalized, but you will also learn about the history and culture of Bali as you go. You will visit several local eateries and sample a typical Balinese coffee, amongst other things. The tour starts at 10:00 and takes about 2.5 hours.
• Cooking class in Candidasa (day 7) • Learn how to prepare authentic dishes with a chef who is happy to share all the secrets of Balinese cuisine with you. Then tuck into your own delicious creations before returning to your hotel! The workshop starts at 09:00 or 13:00 and lasts about 3 hours.
• Off the beaten track in a Jeep (day 7) • Discover Bali at its best with a Jeep tour. Along the way, you will pass traditional villages and varied landscapes with unique flora and fauna. You can also see how the salak fruit is harvested at the largest plantation on Bali, and while you’re there you can also sample it… it doesn’t come much fresher than that! Finally, you will learn how wine is produced on the island. This is an adventure packed with both culture and nature! The tour starts at 09:00 and lasts about 4 hours.
• Countryside cycling tour (day 7) • If you want to explore Bali by bike, this excursion has to go on your Bali “must-dos” list! Cycle at a leisurely pace along a route of about 10 miles to the largest salak plantation, past rice fields and through small local settlements. Enjoy a fresh coconut with the locals and admire both nature and culture as you go. The tour starts at 09:00 and takes about 3 hours to complete.
• Trekking to Kastala and Tenganan village (day 7) • You start your hike in the village of Kastala and pass through green rice fields and forests to reach Tenganan. Once in the village of Tenganan, you experince first-hand a lifestyle, culture and architecture that you won’t find anywhere else on Bali; Tenganan is inhabited by an indigenous population who live there without any external influences. You will be picked up at your hotel at 09:00 and the excursion will take about 3 hours.
• Daily life and farming experience in a traditional village (day 9) • During this day excursion you will visit a traditional village where your guide will explain Balinese culture and the practice of ancient writing on palm leaves. As you walk through the village, you will get a unique insight into daily life. How about testing your rice-farming skills by planting or harvesting rice? Well, you can do just that as part of this excursion! You will be picked up at 07:15 and the excursion will take around 8 hours (lunch is included).
• Secret beaches of Bali and Uluwatu Temple visit (day 9) • Discover two of Bali’s most secluded white sandy beaches, well hidden by the jungle and off the tourist track. There are no sun loungers, parasols or beach bars here: just pure white sand and turquoise water. As part of this excursion, you will also visit the beautiful Uluwatu Temple and have lunch with a sea view. The excursion starts at 09:00 and lasts approximately 6 hours.
- A possible tip for drivers and guides (it is recommended to give about £3 per day)
If you book this deal before 35 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Limited for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
Due to COVID-19, there may be additional entry requirements in effect at your destination which may change at short notice, including the need to show proof of having tested negative for, or having had a certified vaccination against, COVID-19. It is your responsibility to ensure you can satisfy these requirements before booking so please familiarise yourself with the latest requirements before booking via your government's foreign advice service at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
The passport, visa and health requirements (including those related to COVID-19) at the time of booking can be viewed on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all members of your party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents, and in compliance with any other immigration requirements, before you travel. Due to COVID-19, there may be additional entry requirements in effect at your destination which may change at short notice, including the need to show proof of having tested negative for, or having had a certified vaccination against, COVID-19. It is your responsibility to ensure you can satisfy these requirements before booking so please familiarise yourself with the latest requirements before booking via your government's foreign advice service.
Maximum 3 people per room (3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child)
Are you a solo explorer? Then you will pay a single supplement based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process
On the basis of two full-paying adults, a discount for children aged 0-12 applies and is dependent on the chosen travel dates and length of stay. You will see the applicable discount in the final booking process.
Children aged 13 years and older are considered adults and do not receive a discount.
Please note: children up to 12 months old receive a discount on the plane ticket, but will not receive a seat or baggage allowance
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip
Unfortunately, this trip is not wheelchair accessible
Pets are not permitted on this trip due to international plane travel
Please note that flights may be subject to change, delay or postponement by the provider and that flight times are provisional. Don't forget to check the actual flight times before departure on the website of the airline or the airport to avoid inconvenient surprises.
You will receive all documents relevant to your trip, 5 days prior to departure at the latest.
Your passport must be valid for six months upon arrival in Singapore and Bali. For up-to-date information, visit the official gov.uk website
British Citizens do not need a visa to travel in Indonesia for up to 30 days
The specified itinerary is subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances
During this trip, transport and excursions may be in groups of international travellers
Please note that the quality standards of hotels, facilities, transportation and roads may differ from Europe
The currency in Singapore is the Singapore dollar (SGD). The currency in Indonesia is the Indonesian Rupia (IDR)
You will need a world travel adapter to use your electronic items in Singapore and Bali
In case the above mentioned hotels are unavailable, you'll stay in comparable hotels in the nearby surroundings. You'll receive the final accommodations with your travel documents, 5 days before departure at the latest.
All travellers should be up to date with primary courses and boosters. Vaccinations usually recommended for travel to Indonesia include Diphtheria; Hepatitis A; Poliomyelitis; Tetanus. Consult your doctor or the NHS travel advice website for more information
|Transport between airport and hotel||
Your driver will be waiting for you at the airport and will be holding a board with your name
|Flight from Singapore to Denpasar, Bali||
The flight from Singapore to Denpasar, Bali, takes approximately 3 hours. You will receive the final departure time and the flight tickets together with your other travel documents. Please note that you may take 1 piece hand luggage up to 5 kg and 1 suitcase up to 20 kg per person
|Information about drivers and guides||
During your trip, keep in mind that your drivers on Bali are Indonesian and speak limited English (sometimes only a few words) and therefore cannot be considered as guides. They will communicate times and breaks, but will likely not chat with you about much more than this. Of course, the drivers will do their best to help you wherever possible and ensure a comfortable and safe journey.
On days 4, 6, and 8 you have the option to travel with an English-speaking guide (Dutch, German or Spanish is also possible). Select this upgrade in the booking process