Roadtrip Through Scenic Scotland
- Round trip
- 7 nights
- United Kingdom
- per person
- based on 2 persons
Take a road trip and discover Scotland's highlights. Including 4-star hotels with breakfast and 5 excursions
When you think of Scotland, visions of rolling green hills, ancient castles full of legends, and the finest Scotch whisky might come to mind. That’s exactly what you’ll experience on this road trip, where you’ll immerse yourself in Scotland’s rich culture. You’ll travel by car from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth and Pitlochry. On the way, enjoy the enchanting natural beauty you pass through. You’ll also get to visit three fairytale castles and two Scottish whisky distilleries, complete with tastings. You’ll also be staying in luxurious 4-star hotels, with everything you need to enjoy the Scottish experience of a lifetime. It’s time to discover this special land, where legends become reality!
- 7-day tour of Scotland with 4-star hotels
- Visits to 3 castles
- 2 guided whisky distillery tours with tasting
Day 1-2: Edinburgh
Your Scottish adventure begins as soon as you drive to your hotel, near Edinburgh. Spend a little time to relax here, or head back out once you’ve checked in, to drive into central Edinburgh. Stroll the cobbled streets of the Scottish capital, visit an old pub for a drink, admire medieval hous...
Day 3-4: Aberdeen
After breakfast, it's time to head to your next destination: Aberdeen. Drive just over 3 hours along the east coast of Scotland, to reach your hotel near the granite city of Aberdeen. Many of the buildings in this city are built from local granite, which gives the city a distinctive look. ...
Day 5-6: Inverness
On day 5, you’ll hit the road again to get to know another Scottish gem. Approximately 3 hours drive from Aberdeen, you’ll get to your next destination: Inverness, also known as the "Gateway to the Highlands". About 37 km away is the famous Loch Ness, with the city of Inverness a lit...
Day 7: Perth and Pitlochry
After breakfast on day 7, you can plan your day as you wish, with the choice of staying in the Inverness area, driving straight onto your next destination, or taking the time to explore the beautiful places you will pass on the way. As it’s your road trip, you have the freedom to stop and che...
To make your tour truly unforgettable, there are no fewer than 5 fantastic excursions for you to enjoy and experience Scotland’s rich heritage.
• Edinburgh Castle (day 2)
• On the second day, visit Edinburgh Castle on Castle Rock, a fascinating sight, as much of it dates back to the 17th century. Here, you’ll find the crown jewels of Scotland and the stone of Scone, upon which the kings of Scotland were once crowned. Take the time to explore it all, and immerse yourself in the historic space.
You’ll arrange the journey to the castle yourself - so check the opening hours in advance. The visit lasts about 90 minutes, but you’re free to stay for as long as you like.
• Dunnottar Castle (day 3 or 4)
• You can choose to visit Dunnottar Castle on day 3 or 4. The ruins of Dunnottar Castle are probably one of the most photographed in all of Scotland, as the stunning fortress stands uniquely upon the rocky headland on the coast. You’ll arrange the journey to the castle yourself - so check the opening hours in advance. The visit lasts about 90 minutes, but you’re free to stay for as long as you like.
• Glenfiddich Distillery (Day 5)
• On day 5, visit the Glenfiddich Distillery to immerse yourself in the world of Scottish whisky. Discover how whisky is made and enjoy a tasting during this excursion. Make sure you drink responsibly, and avoid drinking too much if you are still planning to drive. You will find the time window for your visit on your voucher. This is a group tour with a duration of approx. 90 minutes.
• Dunrobin Castle (day 6)
• On day 6, visit Dunrobin Castle, the largest castle in the Highlands, with no fewer than 189 rooms. While some parts are still inhabited by members of the noble family that has lived in the castle for centuries, part of the castle is also accessible to visitors. You can see many of the rooms inside, and explore the castle gardens. You’ll arrange the journey to the castle yourself - so check the opening hours in advance. The visit lasts about 90 minutes, but you’re free to stay for as long as you like.
• Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery (Day 7)
• On day 7, drive to Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery to learn more about Scottish whisky. During this excursion, you’ll enjoy a fascinating tour and whisky tasting session. Make sure you drink responsibly, and avoid drinking too much if you are still planning to drive. You may also like to take a taxi for the journey. This excursion takes approximately 60 minutes, depending on your own pace. You will find the time window for your visit on your voucher. If it is already fully booked for day 7, your visit will be scheduled for the morning of day 8 instead.
- Car rental, fuel and other charges
- Bridge, parking and other fees may be applicable
If you book this deal before 42 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and the hotel for the provision of your hotel booking. The hotel is liable for the proper execution of the agreement. Section 2 (individual travel services) of The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (B) apply to this booking.
Max. 2 adults and one child per room
The single supplement is based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process.
On the basis of two full-paying adults, a discount for children may be offered dependent on the chosen travel dates and length of stay. You will see the applicable discount in the final booking process.
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip.
Pets are not permitted on this trip.
The journey to the castles and whisky distilleries is designed on this trip with your own car. For the distillery visits, you will receive a time window on your voucher, and for the castles you will be free to choose when to visit them. Be sure to check opening hours in advance. Make sure that you do not exceed the alcohol limit if you still have to drive after your visit to the distillery. The tasting is within the alcohol limit.
In some circumstances, the hotel specified in the itinerary may not be available. In this case, you will be transferred to a comparable hotel in the vicinity. You will receive details of your definitive accommodation five days before departure.
You will receive all documents relevant to your trip, 5 days prior to departure at the latest.