Big Five safari in South Africa
- 9 or 10 nights
- South Africa
- per person
- based on 2 persons
Get up close to the Big 5 on a bucket-list South Africa safari. Incl. half & full board, transport, Kruger National Park game drives & return flights!
Embark on a bucket-list safari adventure in South Africa and watch the sun rise and fall over the endless African savannah as you search for the famous Big Five. Start your journey in Johannesburg before heading to the natural wilderness of the Moholoholo forest camp on the banks of the Blyde River, and enjoy 2 game drives in the area as well as a full day exploring the Kruger National Park with an experienced ranger. From elephants and lions to zebras and warthogs, see some of the world's most fascinating animals up close and running free in their natural habitat, from your open top safari jeep. With all transport, meals, 3 x game drives, a South African bushwalk and a trip to the Moholoholo animal rehabilitation centre all included, the hardest decision you'll have to make is when to go!
- Tour in South Africa: 8 nights incl. 6 nights at a safari camp at Kruger National Park
- Half board days 1 and 8
- Full board days 2-7 (incl. drinks)
- Morning safari in the Moholoholo area (day 3)
- Visit to Moholoholo Rehabilitation Center (Day 3)
- Full day safari in Kruger National Park (day 4)
- Bush Safari on the Walk in the Moholoholo Area (Day 6)
- Afternoon safari in Kruger National Park and barbecue night (day 7)
- Experienced rangers / guides during the safaris
- Admission costs to Kruger National Park
- All transport between the airport and accommodation
- Return flight from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle to Johannesburg
- Please note that there may be an additional night(s) in transit due to flight schedules.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Welcome to your Big Five safari in South Africa! Upon arrival in Johannesburg you will be picked up at the airport and taken to your guest house just 4 kilometres away. Settle in to your comfortable surroundings and the warm climate and take some time to relax and recuperate after a long journ...
Day 2-7: Kruger National Park & Moholoholo
On day 2, you will be picked up with a transfer after an early breakfast and head into the wild. Travelling 460 kilometres through captivating South African landscapes, you will arrive at your authentic forest camp in the afternoon. Get acquainted with the beautiful natural surroundings, enjoy...
Day 8: Johannesburg
On day 8 you will be picked up at the lodge and taken back to Johannesburg after breakfast. Upon arrival in the late afternoon, check in to your hotel and spend the rest of the day soaking up the sun! Enjoy another included 2-course meal in the evening, looking back on an incredible week disco...
Optional excursions are available to make your trip even more spectacular. All excursions can be booked and paid for during the booking process. You will receive all practical information before departure.
• Full Day Safari in Kruger National Park (Day 5) •
Are there any of 'The Big Five' you haven't crossed off the list yet? Then look forward to a full-day safari in Kruger National Park. At a leisurely pace you will be driven through the park in an open four-wheel drive, and along the way you will stop at a peaceful, scenic place where you can enjoy a picnic breakfast. The tour starts at 05.00-05.30 and includes transport, entrance fees, guide and picnic breakfast.
• Full-day Panorama Route tour (day 5) • Take a full day trip along the Panorama Route in the Mpumalanga province. Along the way, you pass spectacular landscapes, including the quaint rock formations of the Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve's viewpoint 'God's Window', where you get a magnificent view of canyons and waterfalls. You also visit the former gold mining village, Pilgrim's Rest, which is rich in history and culture. The tour starts at 08:00 and includes transport and guide.
• Half-day excursion to Soweto (day 9) • Here you will take a history-filled 4 hour tour through the southwestern township and urban area where Apartheid has its roots. You also pass the Mandela House Museum and other stops of political importance. The tour starts at 08:00 and includes transport, guide and entrance fees (please note that this excursion can only be completed if it suits your flight times).
- Drinks with meals in Johannesburg
- Optional excursion entry fees (payable locally)
If you book this deal before 42 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Ltd. for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
Max 2 adults and 1 child up to age of 11 in a Kruger's Big Five - 8 Nights
The single supplement is based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process.
Based on two full-paying adults per room, travellers will receive a discount on hotel stays for children 12 years and younger. This is dependent on the chosen travel period and whether the child sleeps in a separate bed. Infants aged 2 and under receive free accommodation. Please note: children up to 12 months old receive a discount on the plane ticket, but will not receive a seat or baggage allowance.
|Children & travel||
Accompanied children under the age of 18 are required to present a valid passport upon arrival.
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip.
Unfortunately, this trip is not wheelchair accessible.
Please note that flights may be subject to change, delay or postponement by the provider and that flight times are provisional. Don't forget to check the actual flight times before departure on the website of the airline or the airport to avoid inconvenient surprises.
You will receive your travel documents 5 days prior to departure at the latest
Your passport must be valid for six months upon arrival in South Africa. Your passport should have at least 2 blank pages when you present it at immigration. For up-to-date information, visit the official gov.uk website.
For travel in South Africa, British citizens do not need a visa.
All travellers should be up to date with primary courses and boosters. Vaccinations usually recommended for travel to South Africa include Diphtheria; Hepatitis A. Consult your doctor or the NHS travel advice website for more information.
The national currency of South Africa is South African Rand (ZAR).
During this trip, transport and excursions may be in groups of international travellers.
The specified itinerary is subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Please note that the quality standards of hotels, facilities, transportation and roads may differ from Europe.
In case the above mentioned hotels are unavailable, you'll stay in comparable hotels in the nearby surroundings. You'll receive the final accommodations with your travel documents, 5 days before departure at the latest.
|Return airport transfer||
At the airport in Johannesburg, your driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your names. Transport between the airport and the hotel can be a group transport with other travelers. You will receive more information about the transport along with your travel documents.