Hunt Iceland's fire, ice & Northern Lights
- Round trip
- 4 or 5 nights
- total price from £ 1,258.00 ]
- price based on: 2 adults
A glacier lagoon, roaring falls and dramatic volcanoes - Iceland is beyond belief! Inc flights, transfers, hotels, breakfast & guided excursions
Welcome to the land of ice and fire, and discover the earth's powerful primal forces! Iceland is filled with beautiful contradictions - spectacular waterfalls and steaming geysers against a frozen landscape, dramatic black sand beaches washed by the cold, white Atlantic waves, long dark nights that come alive with the colours of the Aurora Borealis, and a beautiful glacier lagoon, with blocks of ice sparkling like frozen jewels. On this unforgettable trip, see the incredible Jökurlsarlon Glacier Lagoon, explore the iconic Golden Circle route, and hunt for the famous Northern Lights. You'll also discover more about Iceland's volcanic nature with a special exhibition, and meet some charming Icelandic horses. So what are you waiting for? Complete with a knowledgeable expert guide throughout, this is the Iceland trip of your dreams!
Four nights in Iceland
Breakfast buffet included
Golden Circle Tour
Volcanoes & Waterfalls Tour
Northern Lights Tour
Visit to the Blue Lagoon resort (entrance to the thermal waters optional and payable)
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Tour
Entrance to Lava Centre and exhibition
Visit to Friðheimar greenhouses and stables
Local expert guides and all transport for days 2, 3 & 4
Optional shared airport transfers
All excursion transfers (days 2 - 4)
Return flight from Birmingham, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, London Stansted to Keflavik
Day 1: Welcome to Iceland
A land of ice and fire, dramatic myths and untamed beauty... Iceland brims with surprising treasures that will leave you speechless. From the unforgettable sight of Iceland’s calving glaciers, as they sparkle across a vast lagoon, to the powerful forces of the subterranean heat, that steams up from…
Day 2-3: Glittering glaciers and pitch black sands
Glaciers glittering like jewels, volcanic black sands, and the primal energy of the earth - all of that is in store. With transport and an expert tour guide included throughout, you can enjoy the great sights in total comfort. But first you’ll find yourself in an otherworldly space, where the horiz…
Day 4: Volcanoes and waterfalls
After all the ice, comes the fire - and today you'll learn more about the deep, ancient heat that bubbles at the heart of the earth. Visit the thrilling Lava Centre in Hvolsvöllur, with an interactive exhibition experience that brings the island's volcanic activity and earthquakes to life. Then dri…
• Golden Circle Tour • (day 2) Visit Iceland's famed Golden Circle, with the natural beauty of Thingvellir National Park, the dramatic Geysir, and the roaring force of Gullfoss waterfall
• Visit to Friðheimar • (day 2) Get a taste of Icelandic geothermal agriculture, with a visit to the specially designed greenhouses at Friðheimar. You’ll see the fresh tomato vines cultivated inside, and have a chance to sample some tasty treats. You’ll also visit their stable house, where they have raised generations of prize-winning Icelandic horses
• Northern Lights Tour • (day 2/3, depending on conditions) The aurora borealis are like nothing else, and with the help of your expert guides, you'll hunt down the best places in the area to see them. Keep your camera handy and prepare to be awed!
• Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Tour • (day 3) Drive out to the beautiful Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, where free-flowing icebergs float across Iceland's deepest lake, forming a spectacular sight
• Volcanoes & Waterfalls Tour • (day 4) You’ll drive along the vivid green hills, black volcanic sand beaches and scenic glaciers along the south coast. You’ll see some of Iceland’s most beautiful waterfalls in the area, with a chance to take some memorable photographs
• Blue Lagoon Tour • (day 4) Drive through the scenic lava fields of the Reykjanes Peninsula, where you’ll find the stunning Blue Lagoon. You’ll have the option of enjoying a soothing soak and silica mud mask to help you feel rejuvenated and relaxed (extra charges apply for soak)
• Entrance to Hvolsvöllur Lava Centre • (day 4) Visit the renowned Hvolsvöllur Lava Centre, to experience their innovative Volcano & Earthquake exhibition. State of the art, interactive displays bring the earth’s inner forces to life, giving you a vivid look at the volcanos, lava flows and earthquakes that have shaped Iceland
All excursions include a guide and all transport
If you book this deal before 35 days of your departure, you can choose to pay in parts. The deposit will be 50% of the deal’s price plus the booking fee and travel and/or cancellation insurance (when applicable). You will find the payment amounts and deadlines to pay every installment at the last step of the booking process.
Your booking is a direct contract between you and Secret Escapes Limited for the provision of your package. Secret Escapes acts as a tour operator responsible, and is therefore liable for the proper execution of the agreement. The Secret Escapes Terms and Conditions (A) apply to this booking. The Secret Escapes Cancellation Terms and Conditions apply to this booking.
Please note that the flights included in this offer are subject to live availability and price, and can change during your booking process. When this is the case, we will always notify during the booking process.
|Passport, visa and health requirements||
The passport, visa and health requirements (including those related to COVID-19) at the time of booking can be viewed on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all members of your party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents, and in compliance with any other immigration/entry requirements, before you travel.
Maximum 2 people per room
The single supplement is based on travel dates and duration of travel. You will see the final price in the booking process.
On the basis of two full-paying adults, a discount for children may be offered dependent on the chosen travel dates and length of stay. You will see the applicable discount in the final booking process.
Unfortunately, cots are not available throughout this trip.
Pets are not permitted on this trip.
|Blue lagoon tour||
Admission to the Blue Lagoon, including towel and silica mask can be purchased in the booking process
Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon that are difficult to predict and depend on natural conditions, hence sightings cannot be guaranteed.
In Iceland, the national currency is the Icelandic Krona.
You will receive all documents relevant to your trip, 7 days prior to departure at the latest.
The optional shared transfer from Keflavík Airport to the Reykjavík Terminal takes approximately 45 minutes with an additional 30 minutes to drop you off at your hotel or the closest meeting point. Please be aware that the optional shared airport transfers are currently running at a reduced timetable, which means for some arrivals, longer wait times will be expected. The transfer times will be confirmed latest 5 days before departure. You can find more information here: https://airportdirect.is/schedule/airport-direct-economy